Effective as of 01/03/2017
Your privacy is important to us. We will not sell, rent or trade your personal information (“Data”). We will store all your personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is ZA064731.
We have developed this Policy so you know how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your Data. This Policy applies to any information that you submit to us via the Website, explains how we use this information and how this information is treated by us.
This Policy does not extend to any website that you can access from boomboomgo.com, including, but not limited to, any links to social media websites.
2. Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy in our sole discretion as we deem necessary. In order to improve our service we may need to change certain aspects of this Policy from time to time. Please check back regularly for the most up to date position. Any changes will supersede any previous versions of the Policy. You are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following any alteration. In the event of any conflict between this Policy and any prior versions, the provisions of this Policy shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
3. The information we collect when you visit our website
Like most places on the internet, simply by visiting our website you automatically tell us certain information, and we may choose to automatically collect this information when you when you visit:
- Your IP address, and location data.
- Web browser type and version.
- Operating system.
- The URL of the site you came from before your visit, and the site you exit to.
- Information about what you do during your visit, such as when you perform searches, watch videos, or purchase products.
We may also collect any Data that you provide us by posting to our website, taking part in electronic surveys or writing to us by email or through the post, including personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, postal address, or any other contact information.
See the section below on ‘How we Use The Information we Collect’ for details on why we collect Data from you and how it is used by us for our website services to function, to provide customer service to you, and to create improvements to our website.
4. The information we collect from registered users
As well as the information listed in the section above, the following Personally Identifiable Information will collected by us when you register for a Boom Boom Go Account (‘Account’) or purchase a product.
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your country of residence.
This information is required in order for you to be able to make a purchase, and to customise your individual experience. See the section below on "Use of the Information we Collect' for more details of how we use the Data we collect from you.
If you make a purchase from us that involves payment by credit or debit card through our online third party payment service, in such transactions, our the third party payment service will collect information related to the transaction as part of the course of doing business with you, including a billing address, IP address, country of residence and other information related to the transaction. For more information see the section below on 'Who we Share Your Information With'.
5. Use of the information we collect
All personal is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal Data that you send us may only be retained for six months following the closure of your Account and then considered ‘beyond use’ by us. We do, however, reserve the right to retain some personal Data for financial or legal reasons.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so by law, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties except for those outlined in the ‘Who we Share Your Data With’ section below.
The Data we collect from you is used to provide you with the best possible service when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Administer the Website.
- Manage your account and provide you with customer service.
- Deliver the products and services you have requested.
- Process transactions.
- Personalise your experience.
- Internal record keeping.
- Improvement of our products / services.
- Transmission by email of promotional materials about our services that may be of interest to you.
- To contact you by email for market research purposes (such information may be used to customise or update the Website).
- Administer contests, promotions, surveys and other site features.
- Develop and display content and products tailored to your interests on our site.
- Perform analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products and services, and analysis of trends, to help us improve our marketing and how we do business.
By providing us with your email address and registering for an Account you have provided your consent for us to contact you about our products and/or services.
6. Who we share your information with
We will not ever sell, rent, or trade your Personal Identifiable Information or any of the Data we have collected to any third parties.
We will, however, share your Data with some third parties who assist us in operating our business (“Authorised Third Party Service Providers”), who will only use your information for the purpose for which it was provided, and never for marketing purposes. For example:
- The platform that hosts our streaming-video classes.
- The online payment service provider.
- The email service provider.
- The blogging service that provides online forum discussions on our Website.
- Affiliate trainers who facilitate our Blended Learning Programmes.
7. Links to other websites
8. Our legal rights
We may also disclose your Data if compelled or permitted to do so by law, including but not limited to the following circumstances:
- If we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, subpoena, search warrant, court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process.
- To protect and defend the rights, property and safety of our business, other users, our employees, or the general public.
- In circumstances when we believe that such disclosure is appropriate to investigate, prevent, report or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing.
- To enforce our website terms or other agreements or policies in place between us and you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website or by email. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
10. Changes of business ownership and control
We may expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of our company. Data provided by you will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
In the event that any Data submitted by you is to be transferred in such a manner, you may not be contacted in advance or informed of the changes.
If you are below the age of 18, you ay use our website only with the permission and active involvement of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a minor, please do not provide us or other website visitors with any personal information. ‘
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age you must not use the Website or provide any personal information or Data to us.
If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information or Data we will delete it and terminate any Account connected with this information.
12. Accessing, updating and controlling your information
You can access and edit some information that you have provided to us, by logging into your Account and using the “My Account” section of the website.
Alternatively you can contact us directly at the email address or postal address in the 'Contact Us' section below if you have any questions. Please indicate your name, address and email address and what information you would like to update when you contact us.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by us (where such Data is held).
You may choose to have the information on your account deleted or removed. However, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Website. In addition, it may be impossible for us to completely delete all of your information because we periodically back up information.
You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.
13. Contact us if you have a privacy question
If you have any questions about this Policy, or if you want to know what information we have collected about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or write to us at: Boom Boom Go 2-4 Ash Lane Rustington Sussex BN16 3BZ United Kingdom